Medical device importation to Thailand
Over the summer, Andaman Medical was happy to welcome a new member of staff in Thailand, Mr. Patcharawat Lertcharoenbundit as Logistics Specialist. The arrival of Patcharawat means we have further strengthened our importation service offering in Thailand. Patcharawat has 4 years’ experience as a Regulatory Affairs Pharmacist; he graduated from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Huachiew Chalermprakiet University.
Patacharawat is working with clients to ensure a safe and swift importation of their medical devices into Thailand. The market attractiveness for medical device companies considering entering the Thai market is high in terms of the regulatory landscape, the distribution network and innovation according to KPMG. What’s more low unemployment rates and low inflation combined with growth in an ageing population makes Thailand an attractive market for medical devices.
- register and import your medical device
- ensure your product is correctly labelled
- facilitate customs clearance
- maintain post-market surveillance of your registered product
- liaise with your appointed distributors and the Thai FDA concerning the mandatory reporting of Adverse Effects and Field Safety Corrective Actions.